MBBS, FRACS, FRANZCO
During his career in ophthalmic surgery Dr McGeorge has played a leading role in introducing and refining techniques in cataract and refractive surgery in Australia. Dr McGeorge’s achievements include:
- Commenced small incision phacoemulsification (the modern technique of cataract surgery) when it was almost unknown in Australia. He has taught many other Western Australian eye surgeons this procedure. Today it is the procedure of choice in Australia.
- Performed the first corneal incisions and foldable intraocular implants in Australia. Now the most common method amongst advanced cataract surgeons.
- Some years ago Dr McGeorge pioneered a technique called micro-incision cataract surgery which is now the normal technique.
- One of the first surgeons in Western Australia to perform LASIK and wavefront guided laser eye surgery.
- Dr McGeorge has been working in the refractive field since its inception and has lectured in Australia and internationally. He was a founding member and director of the Perth Laser Vision.
- Dr McGeorge has been an office bearer with the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists.
- Dr McGeorge was a foundation member of The Australasian Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons.
- He is a member of the International Society of Refractive Surgeons, the American and European Societies of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons.
- In 1991, he founded Murdoch Eye Centre, a multidisciplinary eye specialist centre, where he has been medical director since.
Dr Kai Goh has been part of Murdoch Eye Centre for 10 years. Dr Goh graduated from medical school at the University of Western Australia in 1993 with MBBS with Honours. He is a Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists. He has over 15 years experience in ophthalmic surgery, having completed his ophthalmology training at the Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital in Melbourne. Subsequently he undertook a Fellowship in glaucoma and cataract surgery in the United Kingdom for one year. He undertook glaucoma Fellowship in well renowned eye institutes, Devers and Casey Eye Institutes in Portland, Oregon. He subsequently returned to his home town, Perth to commence practice.Dr Goh provides services in cataract and glaucoma surgery and general ophthalmology. He has extensive experience in cataract and glaucoma surgery and performs large numbers of cataract surgery every year.Dr Goh speaks Indonesian, English, Malay and Cantonese. Dr Goh is married with two children.
- General Exhibition Award (awarded to top 20 students)
- Special Exhibition Award (top ranking student examination in WA)
- Emele Bradshaw Vance Prize in Medicine 1988
- Emele Bradshaw Vance Prize in Physiology 1988
- John and Louisa Cowcher Prize in Anatomy 1988
- DP Clement Prize 1988
- Boots Proprietary Limited Prize in Physiology 1988
- Navaretnam Prize in Medicine Microbiology 1989
- Linton Prize in Ophthalmology and the Royal Australian College of Ophthalmologists Undergraduate Medal 1991 (awarded to the most outstanding student in undergraduate Ophthalmology)
- Helen Jane Lamard Prize in Internal Medicine 1992 (awarded to the most outstanding candidate in Internal Medicine in the University of Western Australia)
Dr Goh now practices at St John of God, Murdoch and performs operations at Bentley Hospital, Armadale Hospital and Murdoch.
Dr Tze Lai
BMedSc, MBBS(Hons), MPHC – Masters degree in Ophthalmology public health and primary community care, FRANZCO, AUSCRS, ANZGIG
She has worked as a consultant Ophthalmologist at Royal Perth Hospital and Fremantle Hospital in Western Australia,and operates at St John of God Hospital Murdoch, Bentley Hospital and Armadale Hospital.
Graduated from Medical School with Honours
- Dean’s Roll of Excellence
- Undergraduate Fellowship Prize Exams for Ophthalmology, Surgery and Orthopaedics
- Awarded the Royal Australian & New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists (RANZCO) Postgraduate Fellowship Scholarship for advanced surgical fellowship in North America.
- Lectures, Surgery demonstrations and Teaching of cataract Phacoemulsification surgery and Glaucoma surgery to Ophtahalmic surgeons trainees and medical students in WA and Canada
- Screening Trips to Broome, Canarvon and Kimberleys through the WA Lions Save Sight program
- Visits to Birmingham & Midlands Eye Centre, UK and Wills Eye Institute, USA
- Undergradute Ophthalmology Examiner
- Has published many Ophthalmology articles in peer-reviewed journals and co-authored an Ophthalmology book chapter and presented them at a number of international and national scientific meetings,including Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO) and Canadian Ophthalmological Society (COS) annual scientific congresses
- Reviewer for peer-reviewed scientific journals in Australia.
MBBS, FRACS, FRANZCO